Sermon Sample OutlineOur Caring God
• Regarding our position in the cosmos, we are utterly insignificant, and yet God is concerned about us.
• Regarding our position compared to all of humanity, God is interested in our individual lives. It is a mind-blowing fact that the Almighty God of the cosmos, the one who made our vast universe, who is all-knowing, all-powerful, and everpresent takes an interest in our lives.
• He will forgive us our sins when we confess and repent.
• He will show us mercy and compassion.
• He will intercede in our lives to change them for the better, according to his plans for us.
• He will always care which means that he will never abandon or leave us.
• He will love us to the end.
• If we don’t believe that God cares for us and is willing to act on our behalf, then we will never trust him with our lives or with our problems. Instead, we try to solve our problems by ourselves. We fail in most cases because we do not have the power to implement the solution.
• If we do not believe that God cares for us, then we are not motivated to care for him. To care for a person implies a relationship, and if a person feels that he is not loved, any connection will be weak at best.
• Without a fundamental understanding that God cares for us as individuals, our concept of God may be that of a remote, distant, and punishing deity. Such a god will not be trusted, but will instead cause fear in the most negative sense of the word.