1. Fire – Spiritually, our passion for experiencing the Lord’s power is the fire. The greater the desire and the more determined we are to experience the power of God, the hotter the fire. This spiritual fire ignites the fuse. Fear, apathy, and anti-Spirit religious tradition are a few things that will put out the fire by quenching the Holy Spirit.
2. Fuse – Spiritually, the fuse is God-centered worship. Worship brings us closer and closer to the release of God’s power and presence. Distractions and self-centeredness will put out the fuse.
3. Dynamite – The release of explosive power will take place when the fuse reaches the dynamite. In the same manner, when worship brings us into the commanding presence of God, the Holy Spirit releases his power.
1. God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7 (NCV) The power of God prepares, heals and equips the person who is experiencing the power. Even if that person only observes the power of God at work in others, that experience will have an impact. In other words, even seeing others experience miracles will impact your life by increasing your faith and trust in the Lord. Seeing others accept his power will help you receive his power in your life.
2. The power of God enables witnessing to others. The person becomes a stronger witness to the work of God because it is no longer just theological, but is practical and applicable to life. Experiencing the power of God increases passion and devotion. The personal fire spreads to others.
• What this means is that the power is God’s power and has nothing to do with the minister or the character of the person who wants to experience God’s power. It is for this reason that lost people can experience God’s power and become saved because of it.
• Recognition of your weakness helps you to remember that it is God who has the power. Your weakness keeps you humble and able to receive his power because you trust God.